“THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS” – “OTHER IMPORTANT LIFE DECISIONS”
Communicating Matters will:
- Support you in making other important decisions by helping you to work with other service providers.
- Help you articulate the values, beliefs and wishes that underlie the decisions that you have made.
- Refer you to other resources to get additional information or help.
“COMMUNICATING YOUR DECISIONS” – “OTHER IMPORTANT LIFE DECISIONS”
- Prepare you for the conversation(s):
- Meet with you to help you to be clear about what you want to say about your decisions.
- Help you articulate the values, beliefs and wishes that underlie these decisions.
- Help you be clear about what you want to share about your choices surrounding divorce, separation and choices surrounding gender and sexuality.
- Help you decide who you want to tell about your decisions. This may be your family, your friends, or any other people who are important to you.
- Help you to anticipate the communication and relationship dynamics with the important people in your life.
- Facilitate The Conversation(s):
- Create an open meeting environment with some rules and boundaries so that you can talk about and share the information that you wish to.
- Facilitate the conversation(s) so that you can clearly share your information in a way that can be heard by others during times of anxiety and stress.
- Support you in responding to the reactions and emotions of the people who are important to you as they hear what you are saying.
- Refer to other professionals:
- If counselling is needed, Communicating Matters will provide information about other resources to people who request help.