“THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS” – LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
Communicating Matters will:
- Help you articulate the values, beliefs and wishes that underlie the decisions that you have made.
- Help you to identify who you would want to act for you upon your death- your executrix/executor.
- Help you articulate the values, beliefs and wishes that underlie important decisions about your last will and testament.
- Help you to identify with whom you want to discuss your choices surrounding your last will and testament.
- Help you to work with your lawyer as you draw up your last will and testament.
- Refer you to other resources to get additional information or help related to your last will and testament.
“COMMUNICATING YOUR IMPORTANT DECISIONS” – LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
- Prepare you for the conversation(s):
- Help you decide to whom you want to tell contents of your last will and testament. This may be your executrix/ executor, family, your friends, or any other people who are significant to you.
- Help you to be clear about what you want to share about your last will and testament. This may mean helping you identify what you want to say to each important person in your life and how you might most effectively communicate with them.
- Help you to clarify any concerns that you may have about communicating your decisions.
- Help you to anticipate the communication and relationship dynamics with the significant people in your life.
- Facilitate The Conversation(s):
- Create an open meeting environment with some rules and boundaries so that you can talk about and share the information about your last will and testament that you wish to.
- Facilitate the conversation(s) so that you can clearly share your information in a way that can be heard by others during times of anxiety and stress.
- Support you in responding to the reactions and emotions of the people who are important to you as they hear what you are saying.